As published on bernews.com, Wednesday October 9, 2019.
At the recent 59th General Assembly in Singapore, the World Federation of Exchanges [WFE] elected four Directors of the Board, including Greg Wojciechowski, President and CEO of the Bermuda Stock Exchange, as Director, Americas region for a three-year term.
A spokesperson said, “At the 59th General Assembly in Singapore, the World Federation of Exchanges [WFE], the global industry group for exchanges and CCPs, elected four Directors of the Board.
“Today’s four elected Directors of the Board are as follows:
1. “Mr Greg Wojciechowski, President & CEO, Bermuda Stock Exchange – Director, Americas region [3-year term]
2. “Mr Juan Pablo Cordoba, CEO, Bolsa de Valores de Colombia – Director, Americas region [3-year term]
3. “Mr Jiwon Jung, Chairman & CEO, Korea Exchange – Director, Asia-Pacific region [3- year term]
4. “Mr Akira Kiyota, Group CEO, Japan Exchange Group – Director, Asia-Pacific region [3-year term]
Nandini Sukumar, Chief Executive Officer of WFE, said, “We are pleased to welcome these Directors to the WFE Board today. The WFE is privileged that its leadership team represents such a wide range of countries, markets and perspectives.
“It has never been more important for the WFE – the global trade association for the market infrastructure industry – to work as a collective force to maintain open, internationally coherent public markets.”
Dr Urs Rüegsegger, Chairman, SIX Swiss Exchange and Chairman, WFE said, “Together with my fellow board members, I am looking forward to further strengthening the WFE.
“I am convinced that the importance of regulated exchanges and clearinghouses in ensuring market integrity will remain unchanged.
“It is the mandate of WFE and its Board of Directors to safeguard the value of this public good in a fast-changing world.”
The spokesperson said, “As of 9 October 2019, the full WFE Board of Directors is as follows:
1. “Dr Urs Rüegsegger, Chairman, SIX Swiss Exchange & Chairman, WFE
2. “Mr Edward Tilly, Chairman, President & CEO, Cboe Global Markets – Vice Chairman, WFE
3. “Mr Vikram Limaye, Managing Director & CEO, National Stock Exchange of India – Working Committee Chairman, WFE
4. “Mr Gilson Finkelsztain, CEO, B3 [Brasil Bolsa Balcão] – Director, Americas region
5. “Mr Greg Wojciechowski, President & Chief Executive Officer, Bermuda Stock Exchange – Director, Americas region
6. “Mr Juan Pablo Cordoba, Chief Executive Officer, Bolsa de Valores de Colombia – Director, Americas region
7. “Mr Bryan Durkin, President, CME Group – Director, Americas region
8. “Mr Meyer Frucher, Vice Chairman, Nasdaq – Director, Americas region
9. “Mrs Laura Cha, Chairman, Hong Kong Exchanges and Clearing – Director, Asia- Pacific region
10. “Mr Jiwon Jung, Chairman & Chief Executive Officer, Korea Exchange – Director, Asia- Pacific region
11. “Mr Akira Kiyota, Group Chief Executive Officer, Japan Exchange Group – Director, Asia-Pacific region
12. “Mr Huang Hongyuan, Executive Chairman, Shanghai Stock Exchange – Director, Asia- Pacific region
13. “Mr Boon Chye Loh, CEO, Singapore Exchange – Director, Asia-Pacific region
14. “Andreas Preuss, Deutsche Börse AG – Director, EMEA region
15. “Ms Leila Fourie, CEO, Johannesburg Stock Exchange – Director, EMEA region
16. “Mr Rashid Ali Al Mansoori, CEO, Qatar Stock Exchange – Director, EMEA region
17. “Mr Khalid Abdullah Al Hussan, CEO, Saudi Stock Exchange [Tadawul] – Director, EMEA region
18. “Mr Sunil Benimadhu, CEO, Stock Exchange of Mauritius – Director, EMEA region
“The WFE’s 59th WFE Annual Meeting is taking place this week in Singapore. The annual event, this year hosted by Singapore Exchange [SGX], will see more than 350 WFE members, affiliates, key stakeholders and guests from around the world meet to discuss topics including market fragmentation, market data, Distributed Ledger Technology [DLT], embedding sustainability into exchange operations, market liquidity, and the future of capital raising.