IFC Caribbean continues to be the only dedicated guide to the region’s international finance centres. By featuring in-depth, technical analysis of recent trends and developments in the jurisdiction, IFC Caribbean is unique in positively promoting the Bahamas as a leading offshore financial centre by considering the jurisdiction’s expertise within the global wealth management industry.
1: Reference material:
- Practical case studies and insightful interviews
- Key legislation and amendments listed
- Key tax treaties and international standards listed
2: Article/commentary piece: The Bahamas Financial Services Board provides an update on key financial developments in the jurisdiction over the past year.
3: Interview with a regulator from the Bahamas’ financial sector (Central Bank, Securities Commission of The Bahamas), in which they discuss how the jurisdiction is taking advantage of the wave of opportunities in the post-crisis environment.
4: Case Study: FinTech: The Bahamas has adopted new legislation to keep pace with the evolving financial technology space, including the Digital Assets and Registered Exchanges Act which came into force in December 2020. We consider how the jurisdiction continues to innovate and expand its global reach.
5. Technical Articles: Also featuring in depth technical articles examining recent developments and products offered within the Bahamas’ financial arena including, but not limited to;
- Funds: The Bahamas has continued to enhance and develop legislative initiatives to make the jurisdiction more attractive to fund managers. We look at how the funds landscape has been affected by the pandemic and what new trends are emerging as a result.
- Trusts: The Bahamas is popular for the establishment and management of trusts. We discuss how the jurisdiction is constantly evolving in this sector.
- Family Offices: The pandemic has reshaped how private individuals, families and family offices are approaching their investment and succession planning strategies in the long-term. What will the family office of the future look like; and how equipped is the jurisdiction to react to changing trends and priorities?
- Arbitration: With the use of international commercial arbitration growing in popularity in the post-COVID environment, we look at how the Bahamas is positioning itself as a centre for dispute resolution.