IFC Caribbean continues to be the only dedicated guide to international finance centres, including Bermuda. By featuring in-depth, technical analysis of recent trends and developments in the jurisdiction, IFC Caribbean is unique in positively promoting Bermuda as a leading offshore financial centre by considering the jurisdiction’s expertise within the global wealth management industry.
1: Reference material:
- Practical case studies and insightful interviews
- Key legislation and amendments listed
- Key tax treaties and international standards listed
2: Article/commentary piece: Bermuda Business Development Agency provides an update on key financial developments in the jurisdiction over the past year.
3: Interview with the Bermuda Monetary Authority, in which they discuss how the jurisdiction is taking advantage of the wave of opportunities in the post-crisis environment.
4: Case Study: Family Offices: The pandemic has prompted a change in how wealth is managed and preserved, with NextGens increasingly prioritising human issues and philanthropic ventures. We consider how Bermuda continues to be a popular jurisdiction in which to establish and maintain family offices; and how it is evolving to meet the needs of these NextGens.
5: Technical Articles: Also featuring in depth technical articles examining recent developments and products offered within Bermuda’s financial arena including, but not limited to;
- Funds: The Bermuda Investment Funds Amendment Act became operative at the beginning of 2021. We consider the implications of the amended legislation and how the jurisdiction continues to develop its fund offering.
- Insurance: Bermuda is one of the leading lights in offshore insurance. We look at how the jurisdiction has adapted its insurance and risk products in response to the pandemic.
- Sustainable Finance: Bermuda has launched an initiative to establish and promote the jurisdiction as the world’s climate risk finance capital. We look at how the jurisdiction is positioned to take advantage of the investment and business opportunities in the arena of sustainability and green finance.
- Trusts: Bermuda is a popular jurisdiction for the establishment and management of trusts, having modernised its laws with the Trusts (Special Provisions) Amendment Act last year. We identify and discuss further developments in this sector.