UK: Register of Overseas Entities Legislation Reforms Reporting Requirements

Under the Economic Crime (Transparency and Enforcement) Act 2022 (ECA), overseas entities (OEs) that own certain registered land in the UK are required to be listed on a public register maintained by the UK’s Companies House (ROE), and declare their registrable beneficial owners (RBOs) and (in some cases) managing officers, as well as any trusts that sit within its corporate structure.

Ownership Vs Control: FATF Tar…